Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

China Study and raw Vegetarians

2»

Comments

• Ooh thanks Thorne, its difficult getting veg/vegan wine, hope they operate in the UK! Well done Ungrateful!

• I talked to Our Daily Red…for that particular wine, they filter through thick paper…it’s ‘Tuna Safe’.

FYI

• cool, i will join you with that one then!

• what company is that? i will see if i can get it here.

• wailing woman…nice comments here! i think there’s nothing wrong with a little raw cheese every day or so – you’ve just started on this path and sounds like you are doing great! but if you want to reduce your dairy cheese consumption, perhaps try making seed or nut cheese. it’s REALLY easy to make (quick, minimal cleanup) and outrageously delicious. (see my blog for a yummy pumpkin seed cheese recipe). if concerned about protein, remember that leafy greens give you lots of digestible, amino acid form protein, so keep loving those green smoothies :-) diana

http://eat2evolve.blogspot.com

• It’s funny that this turned into a big discussion over wine and cheese. We forgot all about coffee, the other little poison in my life.

I think I’ve found a solution for that, though – warm almond milk with cinnamon and nutmeg. That could really hit the spot on a wintry day…

Anyhow, thanks for all the comments and info. I’ll be on the lookout for healthy wine replacements, too. Anyone found something that takes the place of a social or dinnertime glass of wine?

• beanbean Raw Newbie

Hey, sorry if this keeps up the off-topicness, but I have a quick question for you all- I heard that casein (milk protein, I think) actually leaches calcium from your bones. I haven’t found much on the topic, but I have heard it in more than one place- does anyone know if there’s anything in that? And back to the topic- I think it’s really cool that there are raw wines. I wonder if you could make your own raw wine, like kombucha, but not. ponders Has anyone made their own raw wine?

• Bean, my chiropractor said that’s true because of the ratio of phosphorous to calcium in dairy. Don’t know much beyond that.

I know people who make their own blueberry and rhubarb wines.

• Bean, your question has come up in other posts, but the short version is that animal protein creates an acidic condition in the blood that our bodies naturally try to regulate by leaching calcium to neutralize the blood’s pH. Our blood pH should be almost neutral (actually slighty alkaline), but most SAD eaters are highly acidic.

Check out the China Study for more or go to http://www.milksucks.com/osteo.asp and http://www.notmilk.com/acidblood.html.

MMM out.

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Uk raw people: Co-op sell their own brand wines and on the back of the label it states whether they are vegetarian or vegan. There are several that are vegan and they are quite cheep. (don’t think they are organic though).

• You would think (or at least hope) the vegan version would be organic.

• I've been finding raw cheese in the cheese case at Whole Foods.

It has a sticker on it the says RAW. I know it's a dairy product but I too like a little cheese now and then. I use the goats cheese ( there's sheep too) as I'm still finding cow's milk to not agree with me. I even found a raw paramasan cheese as well.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

this is interesting. i've seen raw cheese at whole foods before but haven't tried it because pastuerized cheese upsets my stomach a lot. do you think the pastuerization process affects how the cheese digests in my system? maybe i should just buy some and see what happens. i've only ever had cow's milk cheese, so maybe i'll try something else.