Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Craving Fats, lots of food, and Tired...help?!

2»

Comments

• paulie gb

i understand things didn’t go well for you….but 6 months is not very long when you consider the amount of years worth of damage that needs reversing….bodies need to adjust….in our quest for health we can be a little ‘flighty’....let your body become accustomed

one of the things i like about the approach dr. d takes is that it’s not ‘hyped’...he doesn’t try to sell this diet as the instant ‘cure-all’ approach, but lays down some very convincing ‘scientific’ arguments that defend this way of eating….he regularly states that it can take close to 2 years, while eating this way to truly reverse problems

hair loss is not uncommon to the raw lifestyle, and i think the common thought is that it’s part of detox….our food ‘becomes us’, what we eat is used to build our bodies…i believe that as part of detox our bodies strive to get rid of the bad and re-build with the new….i’m sure that hair (built on bad cells) would be lost and eventually replenished…at least this seems to be the experience borne out by some experiences i’ve read

angie

glad you took the info in the spirit in which it was intended….just want to present another side

as a diabetic, i would urge you to give the 80/10/10 book a try….you have nothing to lose (save for a few dollars and some hours) and a lot to gain (maybe)...most people find it completely un-put-downable 8-)

i know i sound like i believe it as gospel…this isn’t true…everything i’ve read along the way just get’s better and makes more sense….from harvey and marilyn diamond through david wolfe to doug graham…..the 811 (page for page) makes the most sense of anything i’ve ever read

i am now at the begiinning of my 2nd attempt at 811….i failed in february due to under-eating fruit and over-eating nuts…..but believe me, i still have an open mind….i hope to continue this trial for quite some time….but if after a couple of years i find it causing me problems i will seek to modify…..i’m not brainwashed, just convinced, hopeful and very excited

there is a great 811 community here http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/

most are way more learned and experienced than i will be in a while…you don’t even need to register

just post questions, if you have them…if you address them to dr.doug in the title he will often respond directly

good luck and peace

• Thanks el-bo

Nice post, and i felt the exact same way when i started eating raw and for a while after, But now i just feel like, that way of eating isn’t for me, and isn’t balanced and i dont think fruits have enough nutrients e.t.c, But everybody is different im sure it works for some and not for others.

By the way have you heard of a guy called Nature love ? there have been two interveiws with him on this site, He eats a diet of mostly greens , just green juices in the morning and i think through the day, and just one meal at night which will be greens and maybe some olives or sprouts or something like that. No sweet fruit but he did say he sometimes might eat some papaya or green apple. He did say he dosn’t do well with sweet fruits and he stays away from them. And this guy looks amazing very well built and healthy, and he sounds very happy and nice in his interveiws. So there are people out there who dont do well with that way of eating 80/10/10 and are very healthy without living of of sweet fruits. And to be honest i really cant imagine anyone feeling and being more healthy on a diet of sweet fruits over a more balanced diet of greens with non sweet fruit and sprouts e.t.c.

Not saying your right or wrong , just my opinions.

Take care, Paulie.

• remember that non-sweet fruits are also an important part of 811, as are the (recommended) mnimum of a pound of greens a day ( a large head of lettuce)

anyways….only time will tell

meet ya back here in 2 years…..we can exchange notes

take care…and may the force be with you

e

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

el-bo—totally agree, food is a distraction for the body. we need it for essential nutrients and then it needs to clear OUT of the body to let it heal.

BUT losing all my hair is not how i personally want to heal. EVEN if your hair was toxic and your body would be in a better balance without it, your teeth aren’t growing to grow back, and your hair might not either. would you choose that? a high water diet of fresh fruits and greens should be how we all start and lived our life… and we should also be living in clean air, and our ancestors should have taken better care of the cells that were passed onto us.

unfortunately, we aren’t coming into this as newborns in the Garden of Eden, so i think we need to be careful about how “perfect” we make our diet all at once. that’s why i think too much fruit at first (or ever, given our environment) is a dangerous path to thread…