Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw foodists don't smell!

2»

Comments

• Sorry it took me so long to get back to this one! I totaly had’t even realized you’d asked me more stuff. <lol>

I live in Santa Fe & so far I have no problem with interest in my nutrition services. I am planning a class on basic raw food prep w/in the next month. I plan to integrate the raw food/nutrition work into my existing personal training business. Santa Fe is the land of the alternative health junkie so I don’t anticipate any real problems.

I work my schedule around the boys’ needs. From mid-morning to late afternoon I am available only to my family. Before & after that, I am available to clients. Also, my husband works from home, so if I need to on occasion I can take a client during lesson time.

The certification course is home study & self-paced so you can take as long as you need to complete it. I am nearly finished with the Raw Vegan network course. I also looked into the Ann Wigmore course, but had found out about it after I had already begun the one with Raw Vegan Network; I’ll likely take that one, too! It looks very good & comprehensive. I figure I can’t learn too much! <lol>

The certification course for nutrition consultant that I am taking is through IFA, the people I got my personal trainer certification through. You can also get it through ACE; either of these options also have the study materials for purchase. There is another option through a certification body that only does nutrition consultant certifications, but they only provide a reading/text list; you have to find the books on your own. In any case, this is all done through self-directed home study.

Hope this helps! :)

- Stasi

• I don’t know about the rest of you but when I go to work out at the gym I can sense the SAD food eaters from miles away. It is really an unpleasant experience when it’s busy. I don’t ever remember having the same experience when I was not eating a pure diet. I also can smell onions, garlic, spicy peppers, and other toxins on people even a day after they consumed the substance.

• Before I began eating raw food, even on just a vegan cooked diet, I noticed I would smell more on days that I was more stressed out. On days I was calm (i.e. weekends!!) I did not smell as much. I wonder if this is because stress increases the acid level in your body? It would make sense…

Since I have been eating raw, I haven’t noticed BO at all, and when I go to the bathroom it doesn’t smell as much either. I heard once that vegetarians “taste better” too, and eating fruits like mango and pineapple improve the way someone smells or “tastes.” The same way when someone drinks coffee or alcohol that’s what their sweat smells like. After I eat garlic (especially if it is a high-garlicky type meal) I can usually taste it in my mouth and smell it on my hands later that night or the next day.

In general, I think it just makes sense that whatever you put into your body has to come out in some way, whether through sweat or body waste. Fruits and vegetables generally smell more pleasant. I don’t know about the rest of you (but I can guess you would agree), but I think meat smells awful! (Nothing grosses me out more than driving by a KFC and smelling greasy deep fried chicken. ewww!!) So obviously people who eat meat or injest other toxins will smell more when eliminating.

This doesn’t mean I have given up deoderant just yet though… I will have to test it out during a stress-free week.

• When I first went raw my husband said I had a very strange odor, which I guess was just detoxing. It seems to be gone now, and I have since given up deodorant, perfume, and shampoo with no smelly side effects. When I use the bathroom, there is still a smell however, though it usually just smells like what I ate the day before – usually stronger smells, like garlic, asparagus, curry or a nut cheese (which I don’t eat very often because it’s a little rough for me to digest), etc.

However, I do want to bring something else up. I teach aerobics and before raw I would sweat buckets, and have to really regulate my breathing so I could dance and talk at the same time. Since going raw, I barely sweat, my workouts are easier(to me, my students still say I push them hard!), and I don’t even think about breath management!! Several students have even asked me why I’m not sweating as much as they are!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I must be doing some serious detoxing cuz it’s coming out from everywhere now – breath and pits!! Can’t wait till I’m oderless!!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

carmentina, it will go, but I know what you mean!! I tend to slightly smell of freshly baked cakes for some strange reason. I only have a smoothie and a salad most days, bizarre that it should make a cake smell…