Chocolate Ice Cream
Created Mar 2 2008 - 8:46am
If you are looking for rich creamy ice cream that’s chocolaty this is it. I really enjoyed rich ice cream before going raw and this does not disappoint. Add more chocolate if you are a chocoholic as this recipe more subtle. Taste before you freeze. Soft and creamy not icy at all.
2 cup Raw Cashews
1½ cup Pure Water
2 tablespoon Raw chocolate powder
8 Medjool Dates
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup or Agave Nector
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
1 tablespoon Cacao Butter, melted
- Blend the cashews with the water to create cashew cream, you may need to add more water, add small amounts at a time if you do.
- Shave off pieces of Cacao butter into bowl. place the bowl on top of pan of really hot water. Be patient, it will melt. Increase water temperature to really get it going.
- Add Coconut oil to the cacao butter bowl to melt as well.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and blend well. I really like to blend mine for a while to get it super smooth.
- Pour into a freezable container with a lid and freeze. I left mine in over night.
- Scoop into bowl, top it with fresh fruit or nuts, i enjoyed mine as is. Smile!