1) Slice open the vanilla bean, and remove the seeds. For extra vanilla flavor, cut the skin in half lengthwise, julienne the skin, and then mince.
2) Add all ingredients to a food processor, except the cacao nibs and hemp seed. When adding the vanilla bean seeds and skin, distribute evenly. Process until the goji berries are completely broken down into small pieces, with all pieces uniform in size. This will take 30 seconds or more (maybe about 40 seconds for the larger serving).
2) Add the cacao nibs and hemp seeds, and process an additional 20 seconds or more (maybe about 40 seconds for the larger serving). The nibs will be reduced in size by about half, and quite a few of the hemp seeds will still be visible. You don’t want the nibs and the hemp to be completely blended into the mixture, for this makes for a more interesting texture, and it will keep the flavors of the cacao and the hemp somewhat distinct, as well as making for a firmer bliss ball that will stay firm at room temperature.
3) Form into balls. Since the mixture was not completely blended, you will need to press firmly to get the mixture to stick together. Eat right away, or refrigerate to store.
Food Processor Version (individual serving)
1) .55 oz cacao nibs (approx. 2T)
2) .45 oz goji berries (approx. 2T)
3) .50 oz hemp seed (a little less than 2T)
4) 1T + 1t Artisana Coconut Butter
5) 1/2t agave nectar, to taste
6) 1/2” vanilla bean, seeds only (optional)
7) sprinkle Himalayan Crystal Salt (optional)
Hand method (serves 10)
1) 4 oz cacao nibs (a little more than 3/4 cup)
2) 4 oz goji berries (approx. 1 cup)
3) 4 oz hemp seed (a little more than 3/4 cup)
4) 3/4 cup + 3T Artisana Coconut Butter
5) 1T + 2t agave, to taste
6) 1T + 3/4t water
7) 1 vanilla bean, seeds only
8) Dash of Himalayan Crystal Salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except the water. Start adding water, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Generally, when the mixture feels pretty sticky, and the Artisana Coconut Butter has turned completely a lovely shade of light brown from mixing with the agave nectar, the mixture is ready to form into balls. You don’t want to add too much water, or you’ll ending up with soggy bliss balls!
Form into balls, and enjoy as is, or refrigerate to store. If you refrigerate, let the bliss balls come to room temperature before eating, since refrigerated whole goji berries are pretty hard.
Hand method (individual serving)
1) .40 oz cacao nibs (approx. 1 1/2T)
2) .40 oz goji berries (a little less than 2T)
3) .40 oz hemp seed (approx. 1 1/2T)
4) 1 1/2 T Artisana Coconut Butter
5) 1/2t agave, to taste
6) a little less than 1/2t water
7) 1/2” vanilla bean, seeds only (optional)
8) sprinkle Himalayan Crystal Salt (optional)