* It's just like store frozen concentrated juice except it's raw & way more flavorful
* this mehtod separates the syrup from the water. (ice water stays frozen & the concentrate drips out)
* acts as both sweetner & flavoring in dressing & dessert recipes.
* fast food & handy for unexpected company
* saves freezer space
* makes lovely popsicles
* preserves bulk produce for winter
* easy for kids to make & impress their freinds (mine did) .
* gives intense taste to carbonated water
* use as a syrup .
* also works with tomato, carrot or other veg. juices
* the intense sweeness of concentrates cuts down / eliminates need for other sweetners / dried fruit
* my plan for next winter is to have frozen mango juice & grape/ fruit punch/cherry/ watermello/peach,/pineapple/raspberry/appl/strawberry juices.
A simple and tantalizing dressing; delicious
I adapted this from an old (80s) vegan cookbook. I have adapted it to be almost fully raw. This has a great flavor and is a good way to get more nuts in to your diet.
(cheese shown on flax crackers before dehydration)
Here's an easy, yummy raw flan for you all.I was inspired by Matthew Kenney - hard not to be! You could use the base as tofu or ricotta (omit the vanilla) or as ice cream (add 1/2 cup agave to base and freeze.) Spread a little ricotta (no vanilla) on raw onion bread, fresh tomato sauce and a chiffinade of fresh basil for a yummo pizza.
This is a traditional marinara sauce with the addition of dates to give it a mild sweet flavor, and some sunflower seeds to add creaminess