My favorite comfort food- warm, savory and delicious!
1 cup sprouted buckwheat
1 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
¼ cup dulse flakes
2 celery stalks
½ onion, diced
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning blend, (frontier makes an organic one)
½ teaspoon Black pepper (or to taste), (substitute red pepper flakes if you don't use black)
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
1 tablespoon cashew butter
12 large mushroom caps
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoon dark miso
1 tablespoon nama shoyu
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. clean mushroom caps, stems removed, and toss with 1/2 of the olive oil, shoyu and lemon juice. Allow to marinate for a couple of hours—overnight is even better.
2. Combine in food processor or blender: sprouted buckwheat, cashew butter, miso, garlic, the other 1/2 of the olive oil, sage, pepper & poultry seasoning. Blend until it makes a thick paste. Add a tiny bit of water if you need to in order to make it smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the buckwheat and pulse until all ingredients are well incorporated and finely chopped, but still with some texture.
4. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of stuffing, or until nicely mounded.
5. Dehydrate at 105 for 2-3 hours & serve.
If you like these a bit softer, cover them after they’ve come out of the dehydrator and allow to sit for 1/2 hour so that the moisture still inside the mixture can come out. Makes them succulently juicy! Then, just reheat in a toaster oven or oven set to the low “keep warm” setting just until warm.