Fresh mint makes the best desserts! This tart incorporates a chocolate nut crust with a silky, green mint cream filling.This recipe is by the lovely Heather Pace of http://www.sweetlyraw.com. For more recipes like these you can now order her ebooks at http://www.rawguru.com.
1 cup almonds, ground
3/4 cup pitted, packed dates
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Filling
2 1/2 cups cashews
1 cup lightly packed mint leaves
1 cup water
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons agave
5-8 drops mint essential oil, or to taste
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of Himalayan salt
3 tablespoons melted cacao butter
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. In a food processor, mix ingredients into a moist dough that presses together easily.
2. Add 1-2 teaspoons water if needed.
3. Press the mixture into a 6" tart pan. Set aside.
1. In a blender, combine all but the butter and oil until smooth and creamy.
2. Start with less mint essential oil, as it is very strong!
3. Now add the last 2 ingredients and blend to incorporate.
4. Taste the mixture - add more mint oil if needed (or mint leaves).
5. Spread the filling into the chocolate crust.
6. Chill it in the fridge or freezer for at least 6 hours, or until it is slightly firm to the touch.
7. Garnish the tart with fresh mint leaves, cacao nibs, and/or cacao powder.