Farewell Cheese Cake
I’m spoiling Matt before I leave for a few months… The measurements are all estimated, but it turned out very good!
I used leftover nutpulp I dehydrated, but you can use just ground nuts of any kind. I imagine pecans and almonds would work lovely as well.
1¼ cup Raw Cashews
1 cup Rejuvelac
½ Vanilla bean, Scraped
2 tablespoon Agave\Honey
1 pinch Sea Salt
¾ cup Hazelnut meal, Leftover from nutmilk, dehydrated
4 Medjool Dates
1 dash Olive oil\Coconut oil
¼ cup Hazelnut meal
1 tablespoon Agave\Honey
1 pinch Sea salt
1. Soak cashews for 6-8 hours in pure water, rinse thoroughly.
2. Blend cashews well, adding rejuvelac as you go, using just as much as you’d need to get a thick cream. You’d need fluids to move it in your blender, but don’t let it get too runny!
3. Put cashew cream in cheese cloth and hang over a bowl (I just hang it over my sink from the tap…) overnight, to ferment a bit and firm up. Now it’s nice and cheesy!
4. Mix rest of ingredients into your cheese, until completely smooth.
1. Put nutmeal and dates in food processor and pulse until it’s a sticky powder.
2. Lightly grease small cake pan or container you’ll be using (I used a small square tupperware… but that’s all I have)
3. Mush crust ingredients with your hands, add a little oil if not sticking completely. Press into pan.
4. Spread cheese mixture on top of your crust.
5. Mix together your topping ingredients and crumble on top of your cake.
6. Allow to cool and set in fridge for a few hours.
7. Cut into serving pieces.
8. Eat the whole thing with a fork.
9. Feel like a happy pig.