GREAT coffee creamer. By Veggies Board member “SamuelWilson”
1 cup Almonds
1 cup Water
3 tablespoon Agave Nectar
1 Vanilla Bean, *Optional*
1. Soak almonds over night or at least 8 hours. Discard the water the almonds soaked in and rinse the almonds under the faucet.
2. Blend the almonds with 1 cup of spring water. You may have to add a little bit more water to assist in blending, but only add enough to blend.
3. Strain this mixture through cheese cloth into a bowl.
4. Pour the strained almond milk back into the blender and add the 3 tablespoons of agave. You can adjust the agave to your taste but the creamer should be sweet.
5. Scrape the vanilla beans from a sun dried vanilla pod into the creamer and finish blending. You now have raw vegan coffee creamer. Enjoy.
this sounds really good. thanks!!
I don't usually strain nut milks, and this recipe reminded me why . . . it's a pain. Nonetheless, the resulting "creamer" is very nice, and I'm sure would be great in chai or anywhere else you want something rich and creamy. Thanks for the recipe!