Chocolate, Chocolate Brownie
I wanted to make a raw Brownie for some time now and the other day when sitting on the bus on the way to work I came up with this recipe and thought I’d give it a go… They are great…
1½ cup Macadamia Nuts, Soaked for 4 hours
1 cup Soft Dates, Soaked for 4 Hours
¼ cup Water, Use the water from the nuts
¾ cup Raw Chocolate Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
.33 cup Agave
1. Process Macadamia Nuts in food processor until they are a slightly bitty paste. (They will work smoother when you add the other Ingredients).
2. Mix in all other ingredients in and process them till they are well mixed and you get a smooth paste.
3. Add the chocolate powder and blend till the mix is nice and chocolaty.
4. Using an ice-cream scoop portion out the mix onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet.
5. Then wetting your hands so they are damp, push down on the brownies till they are the size and shape you want.
6. Dehydrate for about 12 hours, turning them when the top forms a crust.
7. Let cool down before topping with chocolate.
For the chocolate topping, melt some raw chocolate over a bowl of hot water. Spoon the chocolate over the brownie and let it run a little down the sides. Chill for about half an hour and then serve.