Delicious raw enchillada! The tortilla has some sweetness due to orange juice, and it has that great corny taste and texture. Marinate whatever veggies you like and enjoy this flavorful meal. Even my non raw hubby gobbled this down and kept asking for more! This is a slightly modified version of Alissa Cohen’s recipe from her book “Living on Live Food”.
4 cup FROZEN corn
½ cup ground flaxseed (not soaked)
½ cup orange juice
1 clove garlic
1 dash sea salt
1. Blend all of the ingredients listed in a food processor until smooth.
2. Spread evenly (about 1/8” thick) onto a Teflex sheet on top of a mesh dehydrator screen and dehydrate at 105 degrees.
3. When toritllas are solid enough to turn (about 3 hours), flip onto mesh screen and dehydrate until other side is solid enough to lift (another 1-2 hours).
1. In a bowl, combine 4 cups of veggies of your choice with 1/4 cup olive oil, dash of salt, dash of cumin, dash of chili powder. (Squeeze some lime over it- optional)
2. Let it marinate for .5 hour.
(I enjoy using: red and yellow peppers, zuchinni, 1 tablespoon of red onion, cilantro, and I also add lime juice).
1. Slice the toritlla in half so you have two large pieces.
2. Place veggies in the middle in a long strip.
3. Put it back into the dehydrator for another 1-2 hours.
Serve the enchillada with some avocado on the side! The picture shows my enchillada served with a salad (with extra marinated veggies on top. I add golden raisins to my salad and this complements the sweetness of the tortilla very nicely! I also drizzle my meal with some olive oil.