Banana and Cinnamon "Ice cream" with walnuts
Holy freaking delicious!
I was rather sceptical about this recipe ~ how on earth can just these five ingrediants taste like ice cream?
Anyways, I tried it out… and I am a convert :)
4 bananas, large & ripe
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract/essence
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey or pure maplesyrup
¼ cup walnuts, coarsley chopped
- Peel and cut bananas into chunks.
- Spread chunks out flat on a sheet of parchment (baking) paper and freeze for 1 hour or until solid.
- Remove from freezer and place in a food processor with vanilla and cinnamon.
- Process in bursts until bananas soften, then continuously until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowls.
- Drizzle with honey/maple syrup
- Sprinkle with nuts
- Serve immediately