Aelf's Sticky White Rice
K. heres one of my favorite dishes. To compliment or just by itself, Yumm..
No dehydrator or complications. Its great for making your favorite sushis or adding to your favorite mexican or asian dishes.
Based on Sarma’s Sushi rice I’ve made a few mods and variants of this.
K. Basic Idea. Pine-nuts are out of this world here in Mexico at a whopping 800 pesos a kilo sheesh! So I substitute for coconut..
1 cup Jicama, cut in squares
1 cup Mature coconut, slivered and cut in 1 inch squares
3 tablespoon Agave Nectar
4 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1. Cut Jicama into about 1 inch squares..
2. Carve out mature coconut slivers, I use a fruit de-coring tool and cut as well, into one inch squares..
3. add a dash of your favorite salt
4. add to food processor for about 3 to 5 seconds to rice-like consistency
5. Now. pat dry. Lay out on two thick paper towels and soak up the excess moisture.
6. add agave nectar for slight sweet taste.
7. add coconut oil
8. place in fridge for about 15 to 30 min.
Presto sticky rice.!!
Now. You can apply this to your favorite sushi or other rice dishes or..
For Mexican Rice.. add diced carrots and cumin to taste.
For Asian or Indian Rice.. add one half turmeric root minced..
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do..