Summer tarts are wonderful dishes that can easily make for a nutritionally dense and satisfying main course. While many versions can be made by using additional ingredients, my favorite is the invigorating and scrumptious spinach tart with marinated tomatoes! Made with cashews and almonds, this nutty tart can provide significant amounts of healthy fatty acids that can sometimes belacking in an exclusively vegan diet. Cashews, for example, are loaded with minerals, including magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, iron, potassium and zinc.
See more raw food recipes at: Gone Raw 
Or read more about this recipe: Tomato Spinach Summer Tart 
Marinated Tomatoes Ingredients:
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves (or ripe, regular tomatoes, diced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons of a homemade mixture of oregano, marjoram, thyme, basil and rosemary
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup kale flakes (dehydrated in advance)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- the juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutritonal yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups of crushed spinach
- 2 cups of the marinated tomatoes
- To prepare the marinated tomatoes, simply whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spices and garlic, and add the sliced tomatoes. Place the tomatoes on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate them for approximately 8 hours at 115 degrees. They should be nice and crisp at this point.
- To prepare the kale flakes for the crust, dehydrate about 2 cups of fresh kale when you are also dehydrating the tomatoes. However, you will notice that they are ready sooner than the tomatoes.
- To make the crust, pulse the almonds in the food processor until they are turned into a fine crumb. Mix in the kale flakes, salt, pepper and coconut oil, and continue proessing until a homogenous dough is obtained. With your hands, shape 1/4 inch deep tarts, or use special shapes to mold the dough. At this point, you can either make one large tart using all of the dough, orseveral smaller ones.
- To make the filling, pulse the cashews, lemon juice, garlic, yeast and water in a high speed blender, until smooth. Transfer the contents of the blender to a bowl. Mix in the crushed spinach and a part of the marinated tomatoes, leaving aside about two cups of tomatoes. Fill the tart shells with the mixture, and top it with the remaining tomatoes. These lovely tarts can be enjoyedright away, or stored in the refrigerator for later consumption. Enjoy!