I made these tonight and my boyfriend gasped they were so good and said WOAH! ...and grabbed another. The pic is before I put them on the dehydrator.
1¼ cup Quinoa Flakes
1 cup almond meal
pinch sea salt
½ cup coconut flakes (I used Lite- half thecalories)
1 banana (small)
¼ cup agave nectar sweetener
¼ cup cacao nibs
½ cup water
I saw the chocolate chip cookie recipe on this site and had to adapt it. I didn’t have any vanilla or nut butter- but feel free to use it if you have it.
1. Add quinoa flakes, coconut, almond meal, and sea salt and mix dry.
2. In a separate bowl cream together 1 small banana and the agave.
3. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and fluff.
4. Add water slowly until perfect consistency- appx. 1\2 cup.
5. Form into cookies and eat as is, refrigerate or freeze, or dehydrate and eat warm with some almond milk or raw ice cream.
*Note: I have emailed the Quinoa company(Ancient Harvest) to see what their manufacturing process is and if it can really be considered raw. I will let you know. I am also going to try this with with sprouted quinoa at some point to see if it works ok. The only problem is that I don’t have a good grinder or blender.