This is an easy, flavorful bread than can be used to make sandwiches, to dip or to eat alone. This is an easy recipe for variations! Pictured with hummus  and tomatoes and a side of spinach caesar salad .
Based on a recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVolution. I’ve made a few changes: the paste to onion ratio has been boosted for a thicker consistency and the Nama Shoyu percentage is down for taste.
1 cup flax seeds (golden, brown or a combo), ground
1 cup raw sunflower seeds, ground in a food processor
½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or Nama Shoyu
¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
- Peel and half the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
- Place onions in large bowl and mix with rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mix over a Teflex sheet and repeat until all of mixture is used (I usually end up using 2 sheets).
- Dehydrate at 100°F for 24 hours. Flip and return to dehydrator for 12 hours.
- Cut into 9 equal pieces (2 cuts horizontally, 2 cuts vertically). Usually makes 18 pieces.