Carrot Pecan Sunburger
Created Jan 16 2007 - 5:37pm
Submitted by kandace
on January 16, 2007 - 5:37pm
Makes 4 patties
Serve this as a burger or smothered with a tasty mushroom gravy . Pictured with spiced jicama fries and onion bread .
Thanks to Tommie for sharing!
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 6 inch rib celery, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
3 to 4 slices of portabella mushroom
sage, to taste
poultry seasoning, to taste
sea salt, to taste
¼ cup pecans
2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Put the carrots in the food processor and process until â€œmushâ€.
- Add the sliced celery, mushrooms and onion and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the seasonings and mix lightly. Taste. It should be close to bland (dehydrating will intensify flavors).
- Put in the pecans and sunflower seeds and pulse. I like to leave them in pieces to give texture.
- Taste again and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Form into four patties and put them in the dehydrator.
- After two hours, turn carefully. Continue dehydrating for another two hours or until the desired texture has been reached.