Pomegranate Cheesecake with Clementine Gelato
Created Jul 23 2008 - 8:20am
Cheescake? Gelato? Raw? Yes, please.
All ingredients are listed below! <3
FOR THE BASE
1/4c coconut oil
2t vanilla extract
2t lemon juice
- First process cashews to flour.
- Add remaining ingredients and process again.
Press into the bottom of 9â€ springform pan and place in fridge whilst working on filling.
FOR THE FILLING
3c cashews, soaked
1c coconut oil
1/2c lemon juice
2T vanilla extract
1 1/2c pomegranate juice
1/2c beetroot juice (optional, just for colour)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender under smooth.
Place in the freezer to set. Once itâ€™s set, the cheesecake can be moved to, and stored in, the fridge until ready to eat.
FOR THE CLEMENTINE GELATO
Â½c coconut butter/oil
Â¼c agave nectar
1t vanilla extract
3c almond milk
1c clementine juice
2t clementine zest
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Taste for sweetness, you may need to add extra agave if your clementines werenâ€™t that sweet.
- Pour mixture into a rectangular container and place in the freezer to set. Once set, pass through a juicer with a homogenising attachment on. Alternatively, you can pour the mixture (unfrozen) into an ice-cream maker.
From Chef Russell James! Found on therawchefblog.com and had to share!