Just the yummiest thing ever.
6 ripe bananas
1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked a few hours
1 cup raw mature coconut , chopped up
1 large lemon, juiced
4 teaspoon Agave Nectar
.125 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1½ cup strawberries
2 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- Place bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove from processor and spread about 1/8 inch thick on to a Teflex sheet on top of a dehydrator screen.
- Dehydrate for 12 hours or less. (Begin checking the bananas a few hours before to make sure they are formed, pliable, and solid in texture, but not getting crispy).
- Remove from dehydrator and slice into squares (about 10cm x 10cm)
Place cashew nuts, coconut, lemon juice, the 4 teaspoons agave and vanilla in food processor and blend until smooth. Then drizzle almond milk in until the consistency is a thick puree. Add more almond milk if need be.
Combine strawberries and the 1.5 tablespoons agave in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place scoops of filling on to banana fruit leather squares and roll up.
- Pour strawberry sauce over the rolled-up crepes.
- When ready to eat, top with a little Maple Syrup and garnish with mint
Note: It’s important to let the crepes sit for at least a couple of hours with the strawberry sauce on top. The sauce will soften the fruit leather and make it “crepe-like” instead of hard and chewy. Left longer they will retain their perfect shape but the banana will melt in your mouth. These are also great the next day!
Adapted from an Alyssa Cohen recipe.