Which blender to purchase? Vitamix 5200 or Vita prep 3?

rawmaidenrawmaiden Raw Newbie

Hi Raw-foodies,

I haven't been on gone raw in some time now...I've been a member for over 2 years, but I fell astray, but I am back and trying to get this right. Besides I will be training as a holistic health counselor this fall, and this is it for me! I am on a road to a new life....so I want to invest in a good blender, since the one I have is the usual Kmart 30 dollar item.

I am conflicted on all the different types of blenders out there when it comes to vita-mix and some others. So anyone here have any experience with the vita mix or the Champ hp3? The champ has the 3hp motor vs 2hp on the vita-mix, but the champ has a 2 blade system vs 4 blade system, which makes me think the vita mix may be better at breaking through the cell walls.? What do you guys think? And finally, do I really need the vita mix 5200 model or would the 4500 on the vita mix be sufficient...

Here is a really good site that has the comparison chart, but I would like to hear people's actual experiences http://www.discountjuicers.com/blendercompare.html

Come on dudes, give me what you have as far as your experiences with the blenders you've used. Thanks so much! Happy Rawin!

Comments

• I am a newbie too. I got a Vitamix 5200 and absolutely love it! I use it every day for smoothies, salsa, have made humus, frozen banana soft serve, soup etc. (my tomato avocado soup came out like a mousse texture; very delish!). I did a lot of comparison research before I purchased & could not be happier with the Vitamix 5200.

The 5200 model has the variable speed feature which is really nice if you want to make things like salsa etc. If you want it for just smoothies primarily, then the 4500 may be your best value.

• rawmaidenrawmaiden Raw Newbie

Thanks for your suggestion rawfoodgoddess! I seem to be leaning more and more towards the vita-mix 5200 and I do need the variable speed, just wish it wasn't so darn expensive though : ( I've noticed not many are being sold as used on Ebay either, which leads me to think whoever owns one wouldn't want to part with it, a really good sign!

• All I can really say is that I am in love with my Vita-mix 5200. It is the best purchase I have ever made. :)