Got Any Good Quotes?
Got Any Good Quotes?
This is kind of a silly idea, but I really like it. I drink Yogi Tea a lot, and on the “handle” of the tea bag, they always print a little quote. Only perhaps ten words, but it’s nice. Something like “beauty comes from within” or “to laugh is to love.”
Anyway, I’d like to collect a bunch of little anonymous quotes, and put one at the very bottom of each page. Something most folks won’t notice, but if you do, it would be a pleasant little surprise.
Anybody care to share a quote or two they love? Just post ‘em in here. I’m hoping to get 50 to 100 quotes!
Thats a great idea! My favorite would have to be “Breath, the voice of the soul”
Here’s a couple I caught today:
- “A relaxed mind is a creative mind.”
- “An attitude of gratitude brings you many opportunities.”
- “The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment.”
- “Joy is the essence of success.”
- “Gratitude is the open door to abundance.”
- “The power of love is infinite.”
- “Grace brings love and prosperity.”
- “The moment you love, you are unlimited.”
- “Speak the truth.”
- “Soul is the highest self.”
- “Live with reverence for yourself and others.”
- “Live to share.”
- “Sing from your heart.”
“The journey is the rewardâ€ – Tao saying
- “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.”—Ann Wigmore
- “Love your soul.”
- “The body is a temple. Take care of it.”
- “Inspiring others toward happiness brings you happiness.”
- “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”—Mohandas Gandhi
- “Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.”—Albert Einstein
- “The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.”—Leonardo Da Vinci
- “My refusing to eat meat occasioned inconveniency, and I have been frequently chided for my singularity. But my light repast allows for greater progress, for greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension.”—Benjamin Franklin
- “Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.”—Jelauddin Rumi
- “The art of happiness is to serve all.”
- “Socialize with compassion, kindness and grace.”
- “When you’re deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you’re enlightened, every word is wisdom.”
- “Weeds only grow when we dislike them.”
and knowing that you know nothing makes you smartest of all.
funny…each page on my website has a famous quote.
ray – love that davinci quote!
“If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; and so a man.”
“[If law] is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law”
Both quotes are from the Henry David Thoreau. The first is from Walden and the second is from Civil Disobedience.
“There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future.” Babaji
“From the dark marrow of my bones I have made myself light” Normandi Ellis
“If you have to doubt,
Doubt your skeptical mind
Which cannot understand,
But do not doubt the Divine
That guides and sustains you.” Babaji
Just thought of a couple more!
“thoughts become things” anon
“where thoughts go, energy flows” anon
“Thought is creative” Eve Jones
“Melons, eat them alone or leave them alone.”
“If insects can’t live on white flour, how can we?”
“When in doubt, leave it out.”
“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.”
My favorite quote from my lovely yoga instructor, “Hip hip hurray there is joy in everyday!”
Ray, Thanks for starting this thread. Reading the quotes have been fun!
The miracle is not to walk on thin air or water, but to walk on Earth, – Thich Nhat Hanh
You can fool some of the people sometime, but you can’t fool all the people all the time, – Bob Marley
One more…When we restore peace within ourselves, we have a chance to restore peace with others. Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. – Groucho Marx
A little more serious:
- “Bombing for Peace is like Fucking for Virginity!” – On a peace rally sign.
and 1 more
- “A mind expanded by a new thought can never return to it’s former size.” – Leonard Orr from ‘Two Powerful Words’ an essay on Physical Immortality.
“You accomplish much by trying less.”
“Life is a return trip.”
“End any conflict with love.”
“Children come through you not for you.”
Taken from a siminar Wayne Dyer was giving after he studied the Tao Te Ching.
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world” – Mahatma Ghandi
“It is only in our decisions that we are important” – Jean-Paul Sartre
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“You spend your health getting wealthy and your wealth getting healthy.”